Best gel for passion twists
5 Best gel for passion twists that can be used to style hair in a variety of ways. It is a great option for those who want to try something new with their hair, but don’t want to invest in cutting it or coloring it.
These gel comes in three different colors – red, blue, and purple – and has a variety of uses. It can be used as an overnight treatment on wet hair to add shine and volume, or it can be applied while dry to create the perfect twist out.
Of all the ways to achieve dreamy curls, passion twists is one of the more popular styling methods.
A natural or curly girl needs top-rated natural hair products for perfecting a passion twist if there’s any chance at nailing the ‘do.
Of course, the look isn’t completely fool-proof; A passion twist can easily go terribly wrong (been there, done that).
Your twisting technique definitely plays a huge part, but the products you use during the process can be the difference between beautifully defined passion twists and a frizzy disaster.
How to use a styling gel for passion twists
1. Wash hair as normal and condition it
2. Section your hair into four sections and secure with clips. (This is also the time to part your hair, how you desire. I didn’t part my hair, I just twisted in the direction that I wanted my hair to fall.)
3. Work about 2 finger tips of virgin coconut oil into the section you are about to passion twist, from root to tip.
4. Depending on how large you want your passion twists to be, take a section of hair from the main section and spray it with water.
5. Then work the hair gel though the smaller section and then two strand twist wrap it to the very end. Don’t borrow hair from other sections because that can throw off your passion twists! (I know it’s tempting but not doing this really ensures that you have a beautiful do)
7. Put your hair in a bonnet, then let it air dry overnight. Or you can use a hooded dryer instead to give the same results.
8. I only untwisted each twist once, for a fuller look you can separate the twists further into 3-4 pieces for each part of the passion twist.
Best gel for passion twists (My Top 5 Picks)
Hydrating ingredients are a must, and with plenty of highly-approved natural haircare products under $10, quality doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
To ensure your twist out is always on point, check out these 5 best top-notch gels for passion twists.
#1 SexyHair Style Hard Up Hard Holding Gel
This product is a hair gel that is designed to harden the hair and make it feel stronger. It also has a strong hold, so it can be used as a styling product. It is made with natural ingredients that are good for the scalp and styling your passion twist.
- Holds for a long period of time
- a little goes a long way
- adds body and texture to hair
- it dries fast
- It can be sticky when using the gel.
#2 R+Co Motorcycle Flexible Hair Gel
R+Co Motorcycle Flexible Hair Gel is a revolutionary product that is made with a unique formulation that provides flexibility, shine, and control. It has been designed to work on all types of hair types and textures.
The R+Co team did not want to create another “hair gel.” They wanted to create something new – flexible hair gel that works on all hair types and textures.
- This product boasts a formula that provides lasting results
To protect against the heat, the hair straightener has a thermal conditioner.
- saves time & effort
- Most people do not find this product appealing to use
#3 Royal Locks Curl Cream Hair Gel
Royal Locks Curl Cream Hair Gel is a product that helps to create and maintain hairstyles like passion twists.
It has been used by celebrity stylists, makeup artists, and hairstylists for over 100 years. The product is available in many different sizes and formulas.
The product was originally developed to help people with dry or brittle hair who were struggling with frizzing or the need to use more than one styling product at a time.
- Curly Hair tested and approved.
- Love your passion twists again with this gel! Stop you from using multiple products!
- Has a 2 in 1 Superior Hold and a Leave-In Anti-Frizz Moisturizer for your passion twists
- With Argan oil for super moisture and lightweight hold all day, this is an great product to try on passion twists.
- Cream and gel combo doesn’t leave a sticky residue or your hair “crunchy.” when in passion twists
- Large Pump Bottles can hold more, so be sure to compare sizes to others! Easily get a pump dispensing when needed.
- Great for passion twists to waves, short to long hair, men, women and children.
- It doesn’t provide perfect definition for your passion twists.
#4 Herbal Gel for Curly Hair by Just Nutritive
Just Nutritive is a company that offers herbal gel for curly hair. They offer a wide range of products for different hair types.
Just Nutritive is an up-and-coming company that has taken the world by storm with their innovative and effective products.
Their top seller, the Herbal Gel for Curly Hair, is a product that has been designed to help people with curly hair achieve silky smooth, shiny locks without using harmful chemicals or harsh treatments.
The Herbal Gel for Curly Hair by Just Nutritive is the ultimate solution to help you achieve your desired look with passion twists without damaging your hair in the process.
- Full of natural ingredients like organic leave-in conditioner, avocado oil, and more that nourish your hair
- it provides a firm and flexible hold
- the flyways are under control
- The gel leaves a crunchy feel sometimes
- the hold of this gel isn’t that strong
- it washes out easily in the rain
#5 Aveda Flax Seed Aloe Strong Hold Sculpting Gel
Aveda Flax Seed Aloe Strong Hold Sculpting Gel is a styling gel that can be used for styling, sculpting, and holding passion twists styles in place.
It has natural ingredients such as aloe vera leaf juice and flax seed oil that provide moisture to hair. It also has moisturizing agents like glycerin and panthenol to help protect the hair from heat damage.
The product comes with a pump dispenser that helps you get the amount of gel you need without making a mess. The gel is easy to wash out of your hands or brushes after use.
- Use a little on your hair
- long-lasting styles
- it doesn’t dry out your natural hair with passion twists
- it has a very strong smell that most people don’t like
- its better on semi-wet hairstyles
- the gel weigh down the hair
Comments are closed.