Fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
Do you love protective hairstyles that are gorgeous, intricate, and make everyone ask who does your hair? fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles check off all these boxes, keeping your natural hair safe and secure while giving you the ease of waking up with a ready-to-go hairstyle for weeks afterwards.
Featuring series of many cornrows with larger braids overtop of them, fishbone braided styles work with a full head of natural hair, but you can also get extra length, texture and color by adding extensions into your style. If you’re ready to find your perfect fishbone style, take a look at 30 of our favorite fishbone braided looks.
What is a fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
The term “fishbone braids” refers to a variety of styles that involve intricate cornrowed designs. As the name suggests, the braids often resemble the shape of fish bones.
fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles designs are often executed by creating large or medium-sized cornrows layered on top of or in between smaller cornrows.
There are numerous ways to style fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles, so you have plenty of options to choose from. If you’re looking for a unique protective style, fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles are a great choice because you can have them arranged into all kinds of intricate designs.
Here are 10 gorgeous fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles below to consider for your next protective style.
Products used for fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
Well, it’s simple. These braided hairstyles are most likely to the cornrows braided hairstyles. But before that, let’s have a look at the stuff you need for this.
- Wide-Tooth Comb
- Hair (According to your preference)
- Accessories like beads (If you want to accessorize them)
- And a pair of a skilled hand.
How to do fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
- The fishtail braid looks elaborate and will become a favorite for rushed mornings, especially if you have long hair. It turns out beautiful and is great for an average day. It is also a hairstyle that tends to look better the messier it gets, which makes it ideal for a long day. This tutorial will show you how to make 3 types of fishtail braids. It will also give you some idea on variations.
- Divide your hair into 2 even sections You will have a left piece and a right piece.
- Take a thin strand of hair from the left section Gather it from the outside. It should be no thicker than 0.5 in (1.3 cm).
- Pull the thin strand up and across the left section Move it towards the right 1.
- Tuck the thin strand under the right section. It will now become part of the right section.
- Tug gently on the 2 sections to tighten them. Move your hands up as far as they can go. The tighter you make your braid, the better; you can always tousle it for a messier look later.
- Take a thin strand from the right section. Gather it from the outside of the section, and make it no thicker than 0.5 in (1.3 cm).
- Pull the thin strand up and across the right section. Move it towards the left section.
- Tuck it under the left section. It is now part of the left section.
- Keep alternating sides until you reach the end of your hair. Leave at least 1 in (2.5 cm) of your hair unbraided so that you can tie it off. Try to use thinner strands the further down you go on your braid. This will help make your braid look more even; your hair becomes naturally thinner towards the ends.
- Wrap a hair tie around the end of your hair If you want, you can take a strand of hair, and wrap it around the hair tie to hide it. Secure the strand with a bobby pin.
- Create a tousled braid by rubbing it between your hands. You may want to skip this if your hair has lots of layers; it may end up loosening and getting tousled
Hairdos with fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
The term “fishbone braid” has a double meaning. Some believe that “fishbone” is the same kind of braid we refer to as “fishtail”.
But there are also African American braids plaited closely to the scalp with one thick braid in the centre and thinner cornrows joining the main braid at an angle. These truly look like a fishbone. We are viewing examples of both types below.
Simple fishbone cornrow updo hairstyles
Like ponytail hairstyles, the updo hairstyles are widely popular and tremendously worn all over Europe, Africa, and America. On the other hand, these updos are also seen in different social programs like birthdays and weddings.
Half-up fishbone cornrow hairstyles
While an updo is always lovely, sometimes you need something a bit more casual. This half up fishbone style is ideal for girls who want something to wear to the office that’s still appropriate for going out in the evening.
Creative up-do fishbone cornrow hairstyles
Twist your hair up and off your shoulders in a whole new way with this style. You can do one side braid or go for two fishbone braids before gathering hair into a low messy bun
Fishbone pigtails cornrow hairstyles
Fishbone braids are just so much fun on super long hair, as there are so many ways to style them. In this example, pigtails return with a grown up feel – embellished with a tribal-print headband. This pays homage to the braid’s African-American roots, while still looking modern and lovely.
Crown with a twist fishbone hairstyles
Fishbone braid styles are so diverse – you can even make them into a crown-inspired updo. Messy hair is very trendy right now, and pinning it up and out of the way is a great choice for that next camping trip.
French fishbone cornrow hairstyles
If you love the look of a French braid but want something a bit fancier, check out this updo that’s big on style and still simple enough to learn how to do.
Long braid fishbone hairstyles
Girls with very long hair can rock a fishbone braid like none other. This French-fishbone fusion is gorgeous enough to be suitable for a formal occasion while still remaining casual enough for day-to-day wear.
Messy braided fishbone hairstyles
There are so many different types of braid designs, but this one is truly unique. A combination of a braid and ponytail, it’s nearly impossible to mess up this style – since the magic is in the mess!
Side braid fishbone hairstyles
Reminiscent of goddess braids, this fishbone works its way down into a ponytail. Wrap some strands around the hair elastic and pin on the underside to conceal the tools needed to hold this style together.
Crownrow braided fishbone hairstyles
For black hair, a fishbone style is an easy and practical solution when you want hair up and out of the way during warm weather. Get it done at the salon for a long lasting hold that you can wear for weeks at a time.