Evolve Conditioning Cap Review
There’s tons on my mind and I see this week being full of posts, Yaaaayi. Firstly, I’ll start with a product review The Evolve Conditioning Cap.
I noticed having a lot of split ends with my locs of late even though I have been moisturizing and sealing my locs every other day. Deep conditioning appears to be the next solution to my dry-strands problem.
Unfortunately, the thermal cap I ordered at a local beauty store hasn’t found it’s way from the UK to Jamaica; so I found this “Self Warming Conditioning Cap” on Amazon and put it to test.
Conditioning agents1. Shea Butter2. Avocado Oil3. Olive Oil
I damped my hair with water, took raw shea butter and rubbed between my palms to make it oily/dissolve the white-ish-ness of the butter, parted my hair into sections and gently massaged the butter in from the roots to the tips; repeated the process with coconut oil and Acavodo Oil.
Put on my the “Evolve Self-warming Conditioning Cap” went about the house doing other stuff for about two hours. Massaged my scalp through the cap to help penetration of the oils.
What Is The Point Of A Conditioning Cap?
A Conditioning cap is perfect for hot oil treatments to seal strands, as well as doing deep conditioning masks.
The heat will help open up the cuticle to allow a deeper penetration into strands. Helps with scalp circulation. Heat naturally encourages circulation in the body.
How To Use The Evolve Conditioning Cap?
After putting whatever deep conditioner/hot oil treatment you prefer on your hair cover it with the cap. The cap helps to generate heat that helps to make your treatment more effective.
Benefits of The Evolve Conditioning Cap
- Dry hair faster. A heat cap is a great way to dry your hair. It is like a blow dryer you wear on your head!
- Set your style. Heat caps can help you set your style. It is especially useful if you’re trying to lock in moisture and set your style at the same time.
- Cheaper than steamer. A heat cap is more affordable than a steamer. A heat cap can range from $20 to $40 while a steamer can cost anywhere from $60 to $120.
- Great for special treatments. A heat cap is perfect for hot oil treatments to seal strands, as well as doing deep conditioning masks. The heat will help open up the cuticle to allow a deeper penetration into strands.
- Helps with scalp circulation. Heat naturally encourages circulation in the body. When your scalp has proper circulation, it will be healthier in terms of hair growth and distribution of natural oils.
- Time. Using a heat cap isn’t a quick fix. It takes anywhere from 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the model and your hair type. While they are fine for wearing during a deep conditioning treatment, this time frame might not work with your daily routine as a drying method.
- Potentially damaging to hair. There is no denying that heat can be drying and damaging to strands. With a heat cap, heat is applied directly to your strands which is fine, as long as you don’t overdo it. Use the heat cap sparingly, no more than once a week. The key is to protect your strands against heat damage with deep conditioning!
heat caps can give your hair the benefits of heat without being too damaging like a flat iron or curling wand. It is an optional accessory for curlies, but could benefit your curls!
Can You Wear The Evolve Conditioning Cap To Sleep If Conditioning Oils Is In My Hair?
I slept in it once and found silver flecks in my hair the next morning lol. You’ll probably get a couple of uses out of the bonnet especially if you’re using it for deep conditioning and hot oil treatments. So long story short…no I wouldn’t sleep in it.
Is The Evolve Conditioning Cap ReUsable?
The cap is good for about 2-3 uses before the silver starts to peel off. Then it’s a regular shower cap.
- The inside of the cap felt considerably warmer than room temperature when I put my hand in after about a hour.
- Of course No, my hair didn’t build a steam.
- My hair feels much much softer than before the steaming treatment.
- It felt like my strands were really thirsty and soaked up all my conditioning agents, I didn’t even bother to do a rinse ‘cos there was no excess.
- I properly would have achieved better results if I used it with a steamer or a hooded dryer.
- The cap didn’t tear, through my random head massage sessions.
For N1,200 the evolve cap is on the spectrum of being an OK product. The packaging didn’t come with instructions.
I assume that if used with heat the results would be much better. Lastly I’m happy that it is reusable, that way I get to enjoy the full worth of my money.
Thanks for reading my Evolve Conditioning Cap Review. Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below if you have used it and if you haven’t please try.
always remember to keep it loc’d with an attitude. Oh and also check out my other post about the Jamaican Mango And Lime Tingle Shampoo Review
You can find the Evolve Conditioning Cap on Amazon. Ok folks there you have it.
Till later. Your Loc Head.