Keeping hair flat under wig no braids
Looking away to keeping hair flat under wig with no braids? Wigs are a fantastic way of making a quick change in your appearance without it turning out too sudden. However, there can be some maintenance that comes along with wearing one. For those with longer natural hair, it’s important to know how to conceal and maintain your hair under a wig.
Wearing a wig requires more than just buying one and wearing it. You have to figure out how to keep your hair flat under a wig without braiding it. Unless you are bald or have a short afro, you just need to find the right wig and figure out what accessories work best with the style of your new hairdo.
There is more to it than just brushing your hair back, because simply gathering hair under the wig can cause breakage. Hair needs to be protected under the wig, and that requires planning, and a proper regimen for maintenance. Here are some tips on Keeping hair Flat under wig without braiding it:
Things to remember when Keeping hair flat under wig
- Tip 1: Go for the wig and keep your hair protected! Silk wig liners not only offer great head protection but they also act as a cap while you’re wearing a wig.
- Tip 2: Moisturize and allow your scalp to get air – We recommend that you moisturize your hair before wearing a wig. If it begins to feel dry while wearing the wig, take a small amount of moisturizer and apply it to your tips or roots. You should never sleep with the wig on! Help prevent hair damage
- Tip 3: Never put a wig on wet hair – It is essential to make sure your hair is dry before wearing a wig, so that you don’t end up with a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Tip 4: Clean and condition your hair and scalp regularly – even though you’re keeping your hair under a wig, it’s still important that you keep it clean.
- Tip 5: Use U-shaped hair pins to secure your natural hair in place.
- Tip 6: Use U-shaped hair pins to secure your natural hair. For short hair, you’ll need 20-30 pins. For long hair, you’ll need 30-50+ pins.
- Tip 7: If you are wearing a wig, it may be tempting to just let it hang loose and free. However, this will result in your hair becoming tangled very quickly. To prevent the mess & hassle, make sure you bring a wide tooth comb along with your wig!
- Tip 8: Wigs can cause pressure on your temples which can sometimes cause headaches. Try eating more soft foods to reduce pressure.
Hairstyles for keeping natural hair under wig
There are many different options for preparing your natural hair for wearing a wig. Braiding is one of the best methods because it can help reduce the need to use any styling products.
Having hair in braids is one of the three ideal ways to wear your hair under a wig. While not as flat as other styles, it allows for hair to be protected, and makes it easier for some women to maintain. This wig has an adjustable band that allows for easy hair removal underneath. It’s also easy to style.
This is the most common style to wear your hair under the wig — though it does slightly decrease access to your scalp. It’s important that you are careful with this choice, because if you don’t choose something which will work well for your hair type then it may not offer a solution for every wearing possibility. Simply divide hair into small rows from front to back, and braid down the length of your head.
Twists or flat twists
These are the styles that are easiest to make, but they are also the least popular. While easy to wear, they will frizz and tangle faster than braids & cornrows. Just remember to make them small so they won’t leave lumps under your wig.
Here are some hair care tips for wig wearing! Let us know what you think about them in the comments below.