Does Garnier Fructis make your hair fall out?
Does Garnier Fructis make your hair fall out? If you are looking for an answer to this question, then you’re in luck! We’ve compiled all the information you need to know about this popular shampoo.
So, to answer the question, does Garnier Fructis make your hair fall out? The answer is yes, it does. In fact, it’s not the product that causes hair loss but the ingredients in the shampoo that cause hair to fall out.
The shampoo contains three main ingredients: sulfates, glycerin, and polyquats. Glycerin can make your scalp dry and cause dandruff while polyquats can also make your scalp dry and cause dandruff.
Sulfates can also be drying to the scalp so this shampoo will only exacerbate any existing issues you may have with dryness or dandruff.
Is Garnier Fructis shampoo harmful to your hair?
Some people believe that Garnier Fructis shampoo is bad for your hair and they are concerned about the ingredients that are used in this product.
There is no concrete evidence to say whether or not it is harmful to your hair, but some people think that it might be.
If you want to know more about the effects of Garnier Fructis shampoo on your hair, you may want to continue reading this article.
Is Garnier Fructis shampoo helpful with hair loss?
The answer is no. It is not recommended to use Garnier Fructis shampoo in order to prevent hair loss.
The company mentions that it has been tested on a small number of people and that the results were inconclusive.
Garnier Fructis shampoo does not have any active ingredients which are proven to prevent hair loss.
There are a few other shampoos that are proven to help in this regard, such as L’Oreal’s EverPure or the John Frieda for Women Shampoo, which can be found on Amazon for example.
Does Garnier Fructis shampoo contain ingredients that could damage your hair?
Garnier Fructis shampoo is primarily used to clean your hair and scalp, but it also helps with other things, like:
- The scent is pleasing to the sense of smell. (smell and feel acceptable)
- A popular shampoo often known for its ability to remove products used in your hair previously.
- Garnier Fructis shampoo helps avoid skin irritation.
- Garnier shampoo has been proven to help address scalp conditions such as dandruff, scalp itchiness, flyaway condition, and dry hair. It also provides a deep cleansing action for healthy-looking hair. (like oily hair or dandruff)
Garnier Fructis Shampoo has 30 different ingredients in it, that some are beneficial to your hair, but also help with its natural stability.
Each of these ingredients are used for different purposes. However, over time some could become associated with health concerns and problems.
More research is being done into ingredients used in cosmetic products and their potential negative effects.
If one or more of these ingredients was found to be harmful, they may be removed from the product.
Let’s start with reviewing the ingredients of Garnier Fructis shampoo and see what might be linked with hair loss.
Garnier Fructis shampoo ingredients:
Here are some of the ingredients in your Garnier Fructis shampoo:
- Detergents can remove dirt and oil when combined with surfactants. Commonly used surfactants include sodium lauryl sulfate & sodium laureth sulfate
- Conditioners ensure that your hair is manageable, shiny, and static-free. They are popular in shampoos that contain propylene glycol and dimethicone, and they won’t do much damage to the environment.
- Thickeners or opacifiers are used to make the shampoo feel thicker and look more appealing. However, they don’t have an effect on its cleansing ability. Two examples of such ingredients are glycol distearate and sodium chloride.
- Ethylenediaminetetra-acetic acid, or EDTA, is a liquid agent that can be used in shampoos to prevent soap scum from forming.
- Preservatives help prevent the growth of germs and will make the shampoo last longer. They may include ingredients such as parabens or formaldehyde releasers. (like 1,3-dimethylol-5,5-dimethyl (DMDM) hydantoin and quaternium-15).
- Sunscreens and vitamins are among the various additives that Garnier Fructis choose to add to their shampoos.
Can other hair products or practices also cause hair loss?
Some products containing sulfates and parabens have been linked to a type of permanent hair loss called traction alopecia.
Pulling on your hair leads to breaking the ends and makes your hair look sleepless. This can cause permanent hair follicle damage.
Here are some tight hairstyles that are associated with hair loss:
- buns and ponytails that are tightly done
- Tightly braided hair
- Hair extensions or weaves
It’s OK to wear these styles occasionally. wearing them daily increases your risk of losing hair.
Some chemicals, like chemical straightening, have been connected to hair loss when used with tight hairstyles.
What about sulfates?
You probably heard a lot about sulfate-free shampoos. They are designed to provide gentle & effective cleansing from the scalp without irritating it, which is perfect for people with sensitive skin.
Sulfates are found in shampoos and their irritation could lead to hair thinning or breakage. If you have sensitive skin, but still need a shampoo that cleans your hair, checkout sulfate-free shampoos (which can be found in online stores like Amazon).
What other factors or habits can contribute to hair loss?
Other aspects of your life that can contribute to thinning hair and even baldness:
- Repeated trauma to your hair can also cause hair breakage called trichorrhexis nodosa. However, This might happen if you’re using too many chemicals, or if you’re brushing your hair too often, or if you’re using too much heat from your curling irons.
- Hair loss brought on by certain external factors is known as telogen effluvium. It happens when a sudden, large increase in physical or emotional stress triggers the hair follicles to shed their hairs prematurely.
- After a certain time, exogenous factors often lead to hair regrowth. Though the amount of time it takes varies based on how much damage has been done and whether or not symptoms like thinning hair are present.
Are there ways to regain hair you’ve lost?
There are two key types of hair loss: scarring alopecia and genetic baldness. Scarring alopecia is when your hair follicles become damaged to a point where they cannot regrow hair.
Let’s assume you have been going to the salon and getting treatments all these years, but since it’s becoming more common for people to experience scarring al This can happen from some chemicals, hair trauma, and certain medical conditions.
Hair loss that doesn’t scar (called non-scarring alopecia) can happen for different reasons, like natural aging and certain medical conditions. Depending on the situation, this type of hair loss can be reversible.
It is important to see a dermatologist when you are experiencing hair loss in order to determine the cause and start treatment.
What you can do for healthier hair
Your hair will remain healthy when you use a specific order and technique for washing it. Properly washing your hair and getting the appropriate products for dryness may not be so difficult.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
- The frequency of washings depends on the number of oil produced by your scalp. Some individuals may require a daily washing, whereas others may only need it every few days or even less.
- If you’re washing your hair, try to focus on cleaning your scalp and making sure the length doesn’t get dry or coarse.
- If you have color-treated hair, coloring agents can be harsh and damage the hair while some sulfate-free shampoos can be milder. Make sure to buy products that are specific for your hair type.
- Swim with your hair up or wear a swim cap when you’re not able to keep it in place.
- Minimize things that can damage your hair, like coloring, blow-drying, and curling.
Garnier fructis lawsuit hair loss?
In a recent lawsuit, Garnier Fructis is being sued for false advertising. One of the plaintiffs is claiming that they experienced hair loss as a result of using the product.
The company claims that the product can help prevent your hair from falling out and promote hair growth. The plaintiff claims that the company did not mention any side effects or dangers associated with using the product, which could be a reason for why their hair started to fall out.
The lawsuit further alleges that their hair was in such bad shape after using Garnier Fructis that it took them months to recover and grow back their own natural color.
This case shows how important it is to be aware of what you are putting into your body and how it might affect you in the long run.
Garnier Fructis shampoos contains many ingredients that help to clean the hair & provide better consistency. They also make their products more stable for the life of your shampoo.
There are some ingredients in Garnier Fructis that could potentially cause your hair to fall out, although doctors aren’t sure they’re 100% true.
Considered a carcinogen, formaldehyde has also been known to cause health problems and is one of the many ingredients that is banned from some cosmetics.
So long as you know what not to do, like damaging your hair with heat or abrasive products and eating a healthy diet, it’s incredibly easy to prevent hair loss.