Difference Between Ammonia And Ammonia Free Hair Color
The ammonia free hair color has been a trend for the past few years. This is because it is better for your hair and scalp. The ammonia free hair color does not have any ammonia in it, which means that you can use it without any worries.
Hair coloring is a much more scientific process that you may think, and sometimes figuring out the differences between various hair coloring options can be pretty confusing.
One substance that tends to lend itself to certain confusion is ammonia, so here are some tips to help you understand the Difference Between Ammonia And Ammonia Free Hair Color
Ammonia vs Ammonia Free Hair Dye
Hello Family, Lets discuss ammonia vs Ammonia Free Color and Hair color ingredients. Hope you enjoy this video, Comment and let me know your thoughts.
What do Ammonia-based Hair Colors do?
the preference of ammonia and hair colors open up the cuticle layer of the hair and I love the color – molecules to penetrate through the hair it also says as an activator now I develop rates that we’ve talked about in other videos have peroxide na which is like mostly oxygen suits for color to form in the hair.
And what the ammonia does is it activates the peroxide and the color developer and held the color to form in the hair ammonia allows the hair follicles to swell and where the follicles swell allows for deeper penetration
absorption of the hair dye and so when when you use I’m winning it at color you expect to get a little bit a little more deeper penetration of the color and more along the lasting results
And also when you think about it if you want to push the hair color or me somebody’s hair a little bit lighter ammonia in the color deep a if the person’s vision has never had color in the hair ammonia can lift the hair at three or four levels and push the hair up in the increase the lightness of the hair as opposed to a little bit.
more gentle of colors which can necessarily do that so what the problem really is is people are oversaturated in over depositing color on him which has already been already being colored over and over again and then
keep putting ammonia and deposit money in colors on hair that’s already being colored of course is gonna get damaged not necessarily you just gotta be able to use it wisely in your hair.
But a purposes that was made for and so it will make sense that if you wanted to refreshing your color you use colors that are a little bit more gentler or and they’re supposed to keep reason up the pH of the hair now
what ammonia does is raises up your pH of the pH level of your hair to about ten to eleven now the natural state of healthy hair should be between four point five to five point five.
And so if you keep depositing color has really high pH on it what do you think is gonna happen? the hair is going to be damaged it’s gonna lose its moisture and it’s just gonna be feel the same it’s gonna feel brittle so in terms of using ammonia I’m gonna have three hair colors.
But at the same time gotta know when and how to use ammonia color when you’re playing to colors that I use the most is called Mitchell the color in red color fusion I know these color lines have ammonia in it andI’m gonna show you the ingredient list of each color for Parma show the color this is the ingredient list
starting from water alcohol and all these things going in and I think the fourth ingredient one, two, three or four some ammonia hydroxide so it’s very high in the list and as you guys know the higher the ingredient list is
on the container this is very concentrated of the product so the very last product might not be as significant as the first three to four products that makes up an ingredient is in the product
So yeah obviously you see that as ammonia hydroxide in this polish of the color this is the ingredient list for the product and as you can see ammonia hydroxide is very high in the list very similar products ingredients to what’s in the other color line
The formation color so this is the color and as you can see the ammonia on the hydroxide is one two three four five so it’s very high in the list show neither colors that I use mostly that has ammonia in it and realistically you know in the salon world you’re supposed to be doing a patch test.
How To Do An Ammonia Patch Test On Your Hair
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
- Now patch test according to these color lines on Indian instructors it tells you to do a forty forty eight-hour patch test to ensure that the person that you’re about to put this color on there is allergic to the color or not some people are allergic to ammonia in coloring which is fine
- but you would never know she did a patch test now these patch tests you’re supposed to apply we needed a color mix with the developer on the skin for maximum or 48 hours to determine if the person is gonna have a reaction we don’t necessarily do this in a salon people just come in there and we just do up consultations and then we figure out which color we want we want to use
- But then it’s important especially if you’re doing color from your house if you have a lot of allergies and you just not sure if you your skin or your your hair your stop would be irritated by using color that has ammonia in it it’s important that you do it patched I’m gonna demonstrate a patch test to you today and help you figure this out next time your coloring your hair from home and so you don’t make the mistakes of just getting a reaction
- You don’t necessarily have to you can just test it on your skin first before you move forward with applying for you here so for my patch test I’m going to use this too in all my shell color I have it in this container over here and I’m just gonna use a little bit of the developer this is 3d developer I don’t need a whole lot just a little bit of color
- I’m just gonna drop it in here like that and I’m gonna mix it up just a little bit of the color right and usually you’re supposed to like I’m gonna wipe I have this tissue here I’m gonna wipe behind my ear some people doit on their elbow but usually they want you to do a pass chance really close to your hair line
- So we can see or tell if there’s a reaction on there so as I continue to mix the color like that just a little bit see that and I’m gonna put it like behind my ear like that right now you can put it on the air just a little bit in you’re supposed to kind of let it sit for about 48 hours so you can figure out if anything is gonna happen so if there’s a rash or irritation redness or just a stinging your skin.
- If you feel something like that there’s no point in putting this on your scalp because you’re just going to end up having to wash out the color I’m just gonna tell you the real real good answer so to really be honest totally natural the non ammonia dyes catalysts increase the pH the same way the pH levels increase
How To Apply Ammonia To Your Hair?
In the large molecules do not evaporate as quickly as ammonia colors and so you don’t have to deal with the strong smell oh I can’t talk and it’s a little bit more pleasant to smell by the chemicals in there acts just the same way allows the cuticle level to open up.
We use chromatic and so those are the two that I am mostly aware of a lot of other color lines also have products because definitely there’s some people who are allergic to these products and we need to be sensitive to them and so manufacturers are trying to make products to sue everybody so that if you are
sensitive to if you’re allergic to it you should be able to use them now once again disclaimer once again if a hair dye is ammonia free it is not the same as natural organic dye some when you’re freeI have listed over here ingredients thatI used to replace ammonia
And ammonia free color and as you can see Inoue and both Red King chromatics both have it alone amine in it not as corrosive as ammonia the pH of the hair is still raised to extraordinary high level just like ammonia 10 or
11 so what is really the difference so what most of these brands have done is they have they have removed ammonia and replaced it with something else.
Pros and Cons of Ammonia free Hair Color
But they have neglected most important part of hair health which is a balanced pH so what can these brands do so ensure that the pH of the hair is kept intact the simple answer is these heat open up the cuticle so
some color lines that have ammonia free colorI tell you do have the prisoners gonna meet the dryer so that the hair will lighten up a little bit more just wait to be a little bit more coverage.
But sometimes these Armani freakout colors you don’t have as much coverage you might have to super saturate the hair to be able to get the hair to completely cover now even for chromatics that I use of the salon that I work at they tell us to super saturate the hair so if you will be taking like maybe a quarter of an inch.
When you are applying it color that would had ammonia and if you use not when you’re free to like ease in like even less I’m out of here and make sure that you over saturate so that he is completely covered because if you don’t over saturate it was not gonna cover in the presence here we’re just not cover
especially when you’re covering gray so some ammonia free color lines ask you to put the client on under the heat you know put it in a heating cap or even in the dryer so if a professional ammonia free color line that
thing is that the you know doesn’t use up the heat to open up the cuticle like it needs to be opens for the colors of penetrate
Then of course you’re going to be using this Me oethaanolamine and in the end the same percentages as ammonia and they are also weaken in the head just like ammonia would we in the hair so really eventually the
What are Ammonia-free Hair Color?
integrity of the hair is not the same if you use ammonia free or not I’m gonna color the aim of the color lines is to minimize the use of IT at the lalameen and MEA
Not just swap in ammonia and also like the whole order list free thing because realistically they’re pretty much the same thing they are pretty much pushing the color in the hair so it’s not necessarily natural organic like it have made us all to believe what is the source of Ethel oh no meaning A my most of Amelia free color lines.
Is the synthetic sauce synthetic source of ethanol amine produced by the reaction of ethylene oxide with ammonia in the lab however there’s a more natural source of ethyl amine derived from fatty acids in coconut
called cocoa made the naturally moly imprisoned in this form of MEA makes this option a little bit more desirable into in hair color cocoa made and me hair color why don’t all color companies use.
the answer is very simple the extraction method is more costly than cooking up some synthetic in the lab next time if you’re picking up hair color and it has ammonia or it’s ammonia free to think about it maybe they’re all
the same thank you for watching comment below let me know what you think about this whole ammonia ammonia free color movement if you have always thought it was natural or if it was more gentle on your hand