Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers
Looking for the Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers? We all know that any type of tangle can be quite frustrating.
Add to the equation a young toddler who feels the pain of every tug during a rushed morning routine or a tired evening hair-wash and it’s a recipe for tears.
A Detangler is a special kind of hair softening and conditioning product, carefully made to make the hair feel smooth, frizz-free and tangle free.
With the right tools and products, tangles can become significantly easier. Firstly, approach the tangles calmly and positively.
A favorite cartoon, bath toy or tray full of Lego can work well to distract. Start brushing from the ends of the strands, rather than the roots – working the other way will cause a bigger tangle.
If we pull the twisted and knotted hair through the tangled region then it can cause a huge damage to the follicles located in the scalp area. This ultimately causes the irregular hair growth of toddlers in the future.
There are a lot of great ways to prevent this and make it easier to fix without pain (I’ll get to that below), but one of the best ways is to use a really good detangler.
In order to avoid the pains related to detangling hair, give a try to good quality sprays, conditioners and brushes.
They will help you to remove the knots in the first place. Thus, your kids can witness the growth of healthy beautiful hair.
I have got a list of 8 best detanglers for toddlers in order to save your precious time. But before peeping into the list, give an insight to few easy-peasy tips so that you may prevent the tangles from occurring.
The following are my top 3 picks for the Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers, based upon reviews and user experience:
- Paul Mitchell Kids Taming Spray
- Fairy Tales Tangle Tamer Static Free Detangling Spray
- Little Roseberry Hair Detangler Spray for Kids
How to Prevent Tangles in Toddlers Hair
Don’t forget the conditioner
During your child’s next bath, apply conditioner and comb the hair while the conditioner is still in (before you rinse). Tangles will come out easily and the hair will feel soft and silky.
Use best detangling spray for toddlers
While your child’s hair is still wet, apply detangling spray liberally. Gently grab a section of hair above where you’re going to comb to prevent from tugging on the scalp.
Then, using a wide-tooth comb, start at the bottom of each strand and work your way up slowly and gently, one inch at a time.
My secret technique for detangling extra curly or knotty hair is to leave a little bit of conditioner in the hair (mostly on the ends) for a little extra moisturizing. I repeat: Do not rinse out all the conditioner. This works to fight tangle-causing frizz between shampoos.
Sleep with hair in a ponytail
For girls (or boys) with very long hair, I recommend putting hair in a loose ponytail before bed. This works to reduce tangles and makes for much happier mornings.
If your child’s hair is full of knots and tangles, you are going to have to do some brushing before your child goes in the shower for a good conditioning.
How To Detangle Toddlers Hair Fast With No Tears – Tutorial
Check out this video for tips on getting through a detangling with the Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers.
Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers – My Top 8 Picks
Paul Mitchel has a line just for kids, including this Taming spray. This spray detangles knotty morning lion’s mane or those fairy knots in tough-to-untangle curls.
It works well on all hair types but works especially well on thick, curly hair. Besides detangling, it also tames frizz and reduces static.
Easily comb through damp or dry hair with Taming Spray for toddlers from Paul Mitchell. This detangling spray for kids’ hair gently removes tangles, reduces flyaway-causing static and helps revive morning hair, leaving hair fresh and full of body.
The vegan, light weight, parabean free and color-safe knot tamer works well with both dry and damped hair.
This detangler can be used on a daily basis for the best results, remember you dont have to rinse the hair when using this product
- works well on thick and curly hair
- gets rid of tough knots in no time
- works perfectly on both wet and dry hair
- tames frizzy hair
- leave hair soft and silky
- it leaves hair with some volume
- some people don’t like the sent
This one’s for princesses (and princes) with long tangled tresses that need some love without any nasty chemicals.
Help your little one feel better about brushing their hair with Fairy Tales Static-Free Detangling Spray. This paraben-free detangling spray is specifically formulated to condition and smooth hair while also eliminating frizz and static.
Make combing hair less of a chore with this kids detangling spray. Loaded with extracts of aloe vera, rose hips, sage, oak bark and pro-vitamin B5 to coat hair and prevent static electricity.
This detangling spray has no parabens, phthalates, and sulfates and is even dairy, soy, nut and gluten-free. It contains keratin, jojoba, aloe vera, and vitamins to strengthen and repair hair.
It also does a great job taming frizz and preventing static. This spray works on all hair types and works so well, you might even want to use it on yourself.
Moisturizes, conditions and restores luster and pliability to all types of hair with no greasy build-up!
Made with keratin, ProVitamins and jojoba to help smoothe and condition Helps eliminate frizz, static and flyaways Comes in a convenient spray bottle Hydrating
- leaves hair soft and shiny
- strengthen the hair
- eliminates frizz, static and flyaways
- works perfectly on both wet and dry hair
- great for all hair types
- a little goes a long way
- the smell isn’t pleasant to everyone
Little Roseberry Hair Detangler Spray for kids is made with Organic Aloe Vera Juice and natural vitamins to promote hair well being.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
It’s versatile and can be used not only as hair detangler but as a leave in conditioner. Works great for the
whole family. 100% Toxin-free (No parabens) and cruelty-free.
When we say fragrance and dye-free, we absolutely mean it! You won’t find any nasty chemicals that leave behind greasy or sticky build up, as compared to other top name brands.
- They don’t dilute their products with water – Little Roseberry Hair
- detangler spray for Kids is made with Organic Aloe Vera Juice, instead of diluting them with water .
- Aloe Vera Juice promotes hair growth and reduces hair shed.
- It contains Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals such as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, Calcium, Folic Acid and Amino Acids, that repair dry damaged hair.
- Baby, Toddler & Girls Safe
- Our natural hair detangler works wonders on all hair textures. Approved by children that have daily Knots and tangles.
- HYDRATING FORMULA- Our hair detangler will leave your hair soft, shiny and conditioned.
- TWO IN ONE- No all detanglers are equal, most of them are made out of chemicals and water. Our product is a 2 in 1, hair detangler and leave in Conditioner.
- – WEIGHTLESS FORMULA – Our gentle formula is ideal for children’s
- fine hair, adults love it! Works great for the whole family. It is perfect on extremely elastic hair and curly hair.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: 100% Toxin-free, No parabens, Sulfates, fragrance. Never Tested on Animals; Made in the USA!
- -No Hair build up or sticky film. No gross smell. Just greatness
- The smell isn’t appealing to some users
TotLogic Detangler and Leave in Conditioner is a nontoxic spray that works on both wet and dry hair. It’s hypoallergenic and has no harsh chemicals which mean it’s gentle on kids’ hair and scalps.
It contains jojoba and essential oils to detangle and also to get rid of frizz and static. This all-natural spray is vegan and works on all different types of hair.
- All natural. No harsh chemicals.
- Prevents static and frizz too.
- Works on all types of hair.
- Some don’t like the smell.
This detangler not only works really well on curly texture hair but it’s super affordable too. It contains shea butter, coconut oil, and honey to reduce breakage and nourish hair.
What does this kid-specific formula not contain? Harsh chemicals. For kids with super knotty hair, it did a great job getting the tangles out and moisturizing dry hair.
- Great value.
- Works great on curly, textured and super tangled hair.
- Contains shea butter, coconut oil, and honey.
- Contains no harsh chemicals.
- Not a tear-free formula. Ouch.
This lightweight leave-in conditioner/detangler is best on normal and fine hair. It contains argan oil, shea butter, jojoba, and quinoa extract, leaving kids hair super soft and tangle-free.
The natural plant-derived formula contains no harsh chemicals and is gentle on kids hair. Kids also really liked the sweet orange vanilla scent.
- The lightweight formula works great on normal to fine hair.
- The orange vanilla scent smells good.
- No harsh chemicals. Ingredients are plant-derived.
- Great for everyday use.
- Won’t work as well on really tangled hair or coarse and curly hair.
Whether your kid’s hair is wet or dry, this detangler will help loosen those pesky knots so you can slide a brush or comb through their hair with ease.
This no-rinse spray features Johnson’s classic no-tear formula just in case it does get in your little one’s eyes. It also has no parabens, phthalates, sulfates or dyes.
This particular spray works best on normal to fine hair.
- Works on both wet or dry hair.
- No-tears formula has no harmful chemicals like parabens or sulfates.
- Doesn’t work as well on coarse hair.
If you love the Shea Moisture brand, then why not try it on your kids? (The Shea Moisture Kids version that is.) With natural ingredients like coconut, hibiscus, slippery elm and marshmallow extract, kids will have moisturized, tangle-free hair without the use of any harsh chemicals.
This particular detangler works great on thick, curly or extra tangle-y hair, but go easy on it. It can feel a little sticky on hair if too much is applied.
- Natural ingredients provide great moisture.
- Works great on coarse, curly or extra tangled hair.
- Also a great anti-frizz.
- Smells good.
- Feels a little sticky on hair.
FAQ – Best Detangler Sprays for Toddlers
Q: What causes knots and tangles in hair?
A: Some hair is more prone to knots than others. But what cause knots in the first place?
Knots form when the cuticle of hair gets damaged and opens up. When this happens, hair catches with other hair (think Velcro) and causes those dreaded knotty messes.
So how do you stop the knots? There are many ways, but a good detangler will moisturize hair as to prevent hair from becoming damaged and the cuticles from opening up.
Of course, like with most things, prevention is key. Using a detangler regularly and some of the tips we provided above, will prevent any tears from a dreaded brushing/detangling session.
Q: Help! My child’s hair is really tangled! What do I do?
A: As we mentioned before, resist the urge to wash your child’s hair when it’s full of knots. It’ll only make things worse.
Conclusion – Best detanglers for toddlers
Thanks for reading my review for the best detanglers for toddlers, From curly hair toddlers to fine hair, there’s a detangler for every hair type on this list of best detanglers for toddlers.
For textured curly hair, check out Cantu Detangler for Kids. It gets knots out of super knotty hair and moisturizes even the most damaged hair.
For a lightweight spray for toddlers with normal to fine hair, check out the Honest Company Conditioning Detangling Spray.
You and your kid will like the vanilla orange scent, but more importantly, the tangle-free hair. Please check out my other post about How to Use Shampoo Bar in Hard Water!